- Jet Glue. When you can feel your box getting soft put a few drips of "Jet Glue" inside your shoe, it works wonders.
- Put them in the dryer. Make sure they're on a drying rack, you don't want your shoes to tumble inside the dryer. This sucks the moisture out of your shoes, making them not as squishy and prolonging their lifespan.
- Keep them outside of your dance bag. When you're done with your pointe shoes for the day do NOT put them in your dance bag. Being in a confined, non-breathable space can squish them and doesn't allow the moisture from the shoes to escape.
- Put nails (also known as tacks) in the shank. If you don't know how to do this then most pointe shoe/dance stores will have the equipment to do so and can show you how. Take a short, small nail and pound it into the shank with a hammer. This makes the shank much stronger.
- Rotate your shoes. Rather than wearing the same pair every day, alternate. This gives your shoes a chance to rest and dry out.
Thanks for reading! If you have any comments, requests or suggestions then please leave a comment below or e-mail me HERE.
Best wishes, my dear followers,