Alrighty guys, the school year is just around the corner meaning nightly classes, weekend rehearsals and even more blisters. Most schools have a short break in between summer intensives and the regular year, sometimes it's vey hard to get out of vacation mode. Now here are some things to do to get yourself back in the game and pumped for the new school year.
- Make goals for yourself. Think of something that you'd really like to improve on. Do you want to crank your turn-out on that pique arabesque? Or maybe hit that quadruple pirouette? Chose a goal one or two at a time to make significant improvements that much easier.
- Put yourself on a steady and healthy diet. You'll need all the energy you can get for the coming school year.
- Go through your dance bag and make sure you're well-prepared.
- Go shopping for any dance clothes/supplies that you may need through out the year. (New toe pads, leotards/tights, toe tape, toe spacers etc.)
- Get a pointe shoe fitting and find yourself a good brand to start the year off with.
- Don't push yourself too hard from the get-go. Ease into it as pushing yourself too hard right after vacation is one of the easiest ways to get injured.